Joining the BCS means that you will have access to a range of benefits and services.
- Most of our local events are free and open to members and non-members, but as a member you will be entitled to a discounted rate for our major events, and also qualify for ‘members only’ events (for example the Airport Control Tower visits)
- Mentoring is provided to enable members to realise their full potential and develop through the BCS membership grades – mentors will be available to the membership through this scheme which will enhance development opportunities open to members
- Access the SFIAplus standard which provides BCS Members with free and simple access to the BCS standard for IT professionals – 7 Levels, 86 Skills and 290 Tasks – the framework contains valuable resources to help you explore and identify relevant training and development activities
- The BCS CPD portal will help you timetable your Continuous Professional Development into your daily activities – this is the best way of making sure you have the time to develop your professional stance
- Network with fellow IT professionals both locally and nationally / internationally through the Members network and over 50 specialist groups
Knowledge and Best Practice
- As a member you will be able to access a number of exclusive services including the BCS magazine ITNOW, the ACM Digital Library, selected Forrester reports, Books 24×7 and Best practice portal
- If you have a problem you need to solve, the online ‘Ask an Expert’ facility may help you solve your problem
- Discounts on periodical subscriptions and other publications
- Price reductions on courses from select training providers
- Discounts on Legal Advisory Service and Professional Indemnity Insurance
Find out more information about the benefits of BCS membership from the BCS UK website.