The Chartered Institute for IT – Jersey held a very well attended presentation about ‘3D printing’ at the Pomme D’Or on 30 April 2013.
Presenters Mark Loane, Tim Evans and Terry Cox shared their experiences of 3D design and printing to a large audience. The presentation included a live demonstration of how a 3D model could be created from a human subject – from scan to completed miniature model – in about 30 minutes.
Anyone unable to attend the meeting but interested in getting a flavour of the fascinating subect of 3D design and printing can download the presentation slides.
The following links provide further information related to the presentation topics –
- Problem solving with fabrication video by Terry Cox
- Maker resources website (adafruit)
- Press coverage of event from Digital Quadrant magazine
- Bootstrap.je (Terry Cox’s Fab-Lab)
- Open (free) book on ‘Low-cost 3D Printing for Science, Education and Sustainable Development’
Published 1 May 2013